Friday, June 6, 2014

Macro Project

This weeks focus was on macro photography. I tried to get variations in my photos and not only to focus on objects, but different textures as well.

My collage
My favorite photograph, and the one I tried to highlight the most is the grass with dew drops on it. I also like the picture above it of the old frayed rope because it has interesting texture. I was surprised how much information a close up shot can show you. I have never focused on this type of photography so it was eye opening for me. I noticed things in the objects that I normally would not. It was definitely more of a challenge for me since I am not used to it, but I enjoyed being pushed outside of my comfort zone. I

Most of the photos were taken in the macro setting but I also did some in Av setting where I set the aperture because I could also set the focus point.I noticed sometimes in macro mode the camera did not know what to focus on and would not take the picture so I couldn't get the shot I wanted. It even did this in other modes as well. Does anybody have tricks for dealing with this

7 comments:

  1. I know that it is common for macro to have a more difficult time focusing but I never knew why. After reading your blog (great pics by the way, the dew on the grass and the turtle are my favorites) I did research to learn more as well and I found this great link http://www.ephotozine.com/article/using-your-digital-camera-s-macro-mode-4848. It's worth the read. I hope this helps you understand a bit more, it certainly did me and a few tricks I am going to try out. Let me know how it works for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome thank you! This was really interesting, especially the part about changing the ISO to help get your ideal depth of field. That was also something I struggled with.

      Delete
  2. Wow, good job this week! I agree that this kind of photography is challenging because I am also not used to such close-ups. It's true though that images from this perspective can be very revealing, I really like your picture of the window shade, it's very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shots you took -my favorite was the butterfly! I also fell in love with the details that were produced when close up!!! :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the collection of photos. The range of subject matter is just the right about of varying. I really like how you took pictures of different aspects/angles of the face. AND, I of course love the puppy. With this close up shot you can really see emotion in the puppy's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz
    Great variation of subject matter...my favorite is the window blind. You show great texture and diversity.

    ReplyDelete