Sunday, June 22, 2014

Framing

As part of learning about composition this week we practiced framing. In this first photo I focused on the well and used the tree as a frame. 


I noticed an old buoy surrounded by wood. I tried to make the wood "frame" blurry, which I think you can see on the vertical piece. 



The next two pictures were inspired by one of the readings, where they used framing in landscape photographs. These were taken on an early morning walk around the lake and up to a farm in Northeast Vermont. I used the trees to frame the lake and the field. 




I think the next picture is interesting because the frame is not completely surrounding the cow's face, but just his nose. For me, this draws my attention to his nose, making it the focus of the image. 


In this photo, I also used trees as the frame. I like how they make an arch over the dirt road as it curves. 


Overall, I enjoyed this project. It pushed me to plan out the pictures I take more and deliberately look for framed images. 

4 comments:

  1. Great job with framing, I like that you used landscapes, and framed them with nature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed these photos. My favorite is the field with the fence. I like the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic photos. I really like the photo of the cow and the fence and tree framing photo. The fact that you framed just the nose of the cow was an interesting taking on framing and is a great example of how each person can see something and then present it to others in this format.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the picture of the pond, the trees are framing it perfectly, plus the coloring is outstanding! The fog, the reflection in the water, you truly captured the scene! I also love the dirt road, it's such a classic Vermont scene. Great job!

    ReplyDelete