Friday, June 13, 2014

Different Lighting Effects


For this project, I played around with indoor lighting, since I do not feel comfortable with it and this is a perfect time to practice. I tired many different things, but these are the three I noticed differences in.


The first photo was shot with two lamps on in the house. One was in the front and the other was on the side. The one on the side did not have a shad over it and you can see the yellow-ish light it adds to the picture, as well as that there is more light on the left.



The second picture was shot only with the lamp on in the front. You can tell that the lighting throughout the photo is even, but there is not enough of it. Even with the flash it is a little too dark. This could also be partly because I always shoot in RAW format but did not edit these.

\\


The third photo has side lighting, to the right, and no front lighting. However, I put a sheet over the lamp to disperse the light more. You can tell by the shadows on the left side of the photo. I think this is my favorite lighting of the three.



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful work! Not only did you have a chance to see how the light affected the subject differently, but you also got to see how the camera could not quite handle the lower light from the lamp because you ended up with a blurry image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the image that came out blurry I noticed that since I was in aperture priority mode the shutter speed was very slow. I ended up changing to set the shutter speed in the later shots to help eliminate the blurriness.

      Delete
  2. The difference in the two top photos really show how much lighting can change the look or glow of something or someone. The top one you can tell was used with tungsten lighting to give it that soft orang/yellow look which came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet photos. The first one has a slight orange glow, and it creates such a wonderful warm feeling. You can definitely tell that you used different lighting and how they changed the look and quality of the photos. It is also great to see the picture where your camera was not doing as you wanted. Overall great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos. I think my favorite is the third one. I love how the captured the moment.

    ReplyDelete