Saturday, June 28, 2014

Landscape

In this project I tried to focus on picture that are landscape, but may not be typical. This first photo I really enjoyed the changes in elevation, as well as the fence as a barrier. 


Of course I did have to do one sunset photo. This was actually taken after the sun set to work on lighting techniques. 

I really like the golden coloring of the hay in this photo. I am upset about the line in the top but I am sure I could try to edit it out once I have more practice. I chose to take this photo because it is an accurate representation of the landscape I have always grown up around. For others, their idea of landscape may be city lights at night. That is what I find cool about landscape, it truly just is the area around you.



This is actually a photo from my house. In general, I would not find it a good photo but working with my idea of what I grew up considering a landscape, this is what I saw everyday when looking out into my yard. I think it represents my family perfectly with the odd array of objects under the patio. 


I thought this photograph would be interesting to put in the project because it is not what most people would think about when considering a landscape. 

This is more of a smaller scale landscape but I thought it was an interesting shot, with the folding chair on a side of the barn. If I knew the farmer I think it would have been cool to also get a shot from the perspective of sitting in the chair and posting them together.



As for getting the perfect photo of a landscape I am not quite there. I am not used to taking photos on a large scale, as I prefer smaller scale photos so I am still experiencing with this. For landscapes though, I think it is about capturing what is real, not just what is pretty.



5 comments:

  1. I love the one with the barn. You're right about how nicely the golden hay looks with the barn. And yes, the line could be taking out fairly easily with the right editing program. Sometimes it would be under a "blemish" option or a "touch up" option in the program. This photo would be especially easy to touch up because it is just the solid blue rather than having to try to work with a photo with more details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your first photo! With the white fence being so high in the image, the shadowing, and I guess your position, it looks so surreal! Almost like the background scene of the cows is a painting on a wall above the fence. Really, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the one of the barn! Using thirds with the nature light and landscape scene...absolutely breathtaking! Your first photo is really great as well, there is so much variety in that one picture between the foreground and background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your first photo, it has a sense of layers, and is broken up very naturally with all the dynamics in the scene. The horizontal lines really move my eyes across the photo. Great Work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too LOVE the first one!! I agree the different elevations are great assets & help the whole image become one! I really LOVE how the fence breaks up the image with the shape... to me that makes the photo!
    I think you are doing a great job of perfect shots! I love your "eye" of perspective.

    ReplyDelete