Saturday, July 26, 2014

Photostory Preview

These are some photos I have taken to start working on my photo story. I have decided to go with a theme rather then a sequence of events. I am asking people to take a picture with something that is very important to them. I had taped my dad's injury and he said me, and that I'm going to school for physical therapy and helping him. My mom said our dog, who is like another child to her. I took a picture of my dog with his play skunk that he is obsessed with. The last couple photos are me. One of the most important things to me, beside family, is the ability to run, hike and adventure outside and I wanted to show that. 







4 comments:

  1. This is a great way of looking at what "story" means. Be sure to think about how you can express what makes the objects significant to the person. Either when you are first taking the photograph or in the way you manipulate them, or both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the pictures before reading the description and was pretty confused, so your description really helped me out. I think it would be cool to get some different age groups and see whats important to them, that variety would be really appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was confused at first with just looking at your images... actually thought at first it was meant to be of the sense of "being hurt" your dad's obvious injury, then your mom holding the pup .. thinking maybe it had been hurt as well and she was comforting.. and the feet threw me way off...lol.. then I too read your tell on your story.. then the photos did tell a great story of the color teal and that it had a significance to you. I think maybe if you added more images with the color enhanced more proficient (like a black and white with the teal color only showing) might also give more of a prominant effect or direct the eye more to the Tell of your photostory. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was extremely confused at first, before reading your test. I kept scrolling up and down trying to find the common theme between your photos. I then read your text and it became very clear. If on the final project we are not to write a statement before the photos, your story might be very confusing to some unless you add texts to some of the photos giving the viewer a sense that the images are important. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete