Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Clone, text and paint tools

I used the clone tool to edit the wire out of the picture. I had to go over it several times since it was so dark to get it to completely go away. I also had to make sure the sky blended well together.

Before
After

In this photo I first adjusted the levels and the brightness and contrast because the picture was dark and the sky was very gray. I then added the text. I typed it in a another program and then copied and pasted it in. I realized I was not seeing any text I was typing because even though the font was 18, it was set as 18 pixels, so I increased the size to 360. I was imagining this sort of image as being an ad in some kind of outdoor magazine or and brochure for a campground or state park. 


In this next picture I used the airbrush tool under paint tools to add what looks like spray paint on the sign. I played around with the size until I found something that looked realistic. 



5 comments:

  1. I also had trouble seeing my text. I finally realized that my image was still huge so I scaled it down and then behold, I could see my text! I think the lake one wants to take me on an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "speed limit Any" sign! Also the use of adventure in the canoe photo, there is such a sense of motion and the word adds to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. The canoe one makes you feel like your going on a adventure. I love the photos of the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! At first I did not even realize that the photo of the barn without the telephone wire had been altered. The text on the canoe picture makes the photo look like it could be a post card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on the first image. Blending the sky tones is really difficult to do well. The healing tool helps a lot. I was very psyched when they finally brought that one into the tool box. It looks like you really had fun with this assignment....

    ReplyDelete