Sunday, July 13, 2014

Color Editing

I didn't have any plans for what I wanted to do with the first photo but I knew I wanted to work with this photograph. I started by selecting the cow and using levels to adjust the colors. Then I inverted my selection and put the yellow background in, I believe using the colorize function. I had a lot of fun editing this photo.


The next one I edited a photo I've been wanting to work with. The original was much darker, like everything was coated in a layer of greenness. I researched how to use the curves function and did a simple s curve with this, which I learned increases both contrast and saturation.



I also edited a very old photo of my dad and grandfather fishing when my dad was a kid. However, I cannot get it to export to a file that is able to be uploaded. A gimp error message comes up. Does anybody know how to fix this? I would love to share the before and after shot as it helped a lot.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have the error message or code#?

    Will this help? --> http://itsfoss.com/how-to-solve-gimp-2-8-does-not-save-in-jpeg-or-png-format/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cow photo. I think that because the cow has a funny expression, the funky color in the background really works to make it fun and creative while playing up the main focus of your picture. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you manipulated the cow...she really stands out in the crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure where you are getting the error code. When I save as, I change the file type from .xcf (in the name place).jpg, it will then pop up an error saying "The given filename cannot be used for saving" There is a hyperlink in that pop up that says "take me to the export dialog". Once you click on that it will bring you back to the save box Click on 'select file type (by extension) and then you can scroll and select jpg or whatever type you want. Then you should be able to save! Hope this helps you.
    Also I really like your second photo, you gave it a nice rustic look!

    ReplyDelete