Monday, July 21, 2014

Dodge/Burn and Filters

In the first photo I used dodge and burn. I lightened up the gravestone and darkened the grass around it. I also lightened a few leaves because that portion of the image was very dark.


Edited
Original



I used the neon edges filter to give the gravestones a nighttime glow. I also used the fog filter to add the blue/green fog.


Edited
Original

In this image I used the filter cubism to make it look like the image was made out of squares of paper. I really like this filter and want to experiment more with it. Here is the before and after of the picture. 

Original
Edited

3 comments:

  1. I like your tree image, it has a painting type aspect to it with the cubes and the colors looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cubism filter for trees. I'm using GIMP, so it's interesting to see how some of the filters differ between the two programs. Also liked the neon fog in the graveyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Maxine...I think the fog in the graveyard image is the best. Great color and very cool texture....Keep on practicing and making new works!

    ReplyDelete